Everything you need to know about the competition
- Teams must be made up of one chef and one sommelier, each with five years or fewer years of experience in their professional fields.
- The chef and sommelier must be working at a restaurant in the United Kingdom at the time of entry. They do not need to work at the same restaurant.
- Teams must have the approval of their head sommelier/restaurant manager to enter and provide their contact information on their entry forms.
- To enter teams must create a dish to match with a specified Gosset Champagne. Finalists will be invited to prepare the dish and present It to the judges at the live final.
- There is a £40 ingredient budget per team. Any luxury items such as caviar, truffles, wagu beef etc must be provided by the team.
- Finalists will be asked to prepare a second dish on the day using ingredients from a mystery box, which are revealed on the day, to pair with a wine that we will reveal on the day.
- Teams will be given 2 hours to prepare their dish and the mystery dish. We expect the majority of the dish to be prepared from scratch on the day with the chef and sommelier working together to demonstrate teamwork.
- The final will take place on Monday 18th September 2023 at Cord by Le Cordon Bleu in Central London between 9am and 3.00pm. All entrants must be available to attend the final in person.
- All entrants must be aged 18 years or over
- The winning team will receive a special ‘behind the scenes’ visit to Gosset.
- The prize includes travel to Champagne from the UK, meals and accommodation and will till take place at a time mutually convenient for Gosset and the Matchmakers winners.
- The winners must possess a valid passport and the right to travel to France. If any additional documentation is required, such as a visa, this will be the responsibility of the winners.
- No cash alternative is available.